View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Marty I am very aware of this being a public forum , I am not so challenged as to not know that ! I am but a small fish in a large tank of apathetic seasonal trappers , I just don,t take to being chastised very well .
You see I am concerned as some other members are in what we do ,! Perhaps the fact that we , all of us don,t feel connected enough to ALL the locals ? Do they talk with each other after the meetings , such as what is discussed?
If we operate in a fragmented way , we do not wield the power we might have ! So no insult is meant Marty , I just got a tad warm !
I dont know what challenges you may have in your neck of the world , but I ASSUME the wide open country is a bit different . But here in the middle of the province , what I am speaking of is very real ! Its an impediment to operating properly ,
So again , by posting county regulations at dog parks , and nature trails , WITHOUT mentioning the trapping that may be happening , AT LEAST , some people might take note and be more compliant with rules!
You see perhaps only fourteen people complained , They had the co honeys to do it , BUT likely a hundred or more could not be bothered and went to the media ! That right there is what hurts , I am sure you know that . At any rate I have made my point , and yes I,m smiling nice also !!
A good method of avoiding the catching free ranging dogs can be achieved by using discrection in where we set . You mention dog parks and nature trails .. how close would you set to such hi traffic areas ? Here in my area , much like Martys we have a deer problem and I cant speak for him but there are spots I dont set just because of that problem .. yes I use breakaways but the still the best way to keep away from catching deer is to avoid them if possible . The same goes for the dogs , if a person is known to have one that ranges away from home I suggest staying out of there . Sometimes "Sorry " just doesnt help . Why take the risk ? Like Marty says , it is wise to take steps to avoid situations in private and not draw the attention of the public if possible .