View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
One still needs all the patience and stalking skills as with a compound bow.
Yeah...NO!

If you do a kinestetic comparison of the two weapons you will find it is much easier to hunt with a cross-bow than with a bow. I would more than triple my success ratio if I was able to use a cross-bow during my spot and stalk of animals during the season. The fact that I would not have to draw back when the animal is 30 yards or closer would have assured me animals on those stalks where I was busted when the deer spotted me on my draw. Lesson learned and I get to try it again later that day on an even bigger deer. What am I getting at here, the bow kill takes more effort, patience, skill, and finesse. There is no disputing that fact and it is for that reason I bowhunt. It allows me a chance to truly hone my hunting skill and truly enjoy the time outside.
In a nutshell then, grouping crossbow with archery is brain-dead idea as the two hunting styles are not comparable based on the moments leading up to the shot. Crossbow is point and shoot like a camera or gun with a shorter range. The bow requires a range of movement before the shot which allows the animal a window to spot you, even in the stand and greatly reducing your chances of success.

For those that are handicapped , sure there should there should be concessions for shooting a crossbow while hunting but that is a different argument that does not belong on this thread as it just muddies the water.

Voting NO, hopefully I won't get suspended or banned for my POV. Just noticed in an old thread that many who supported the No side were somehow banned/suspended from the website, not sure if the two issues are linked, certainly hope not, that would be unethical.

Road hunting is not hunting.