View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So if 10,000 extra hunters went out and bought bows to hunt in bow season that would be fine, but if you allowed 10,000 crossbow users to hunt during the season it would be a disaster, a crime, just so wrong... OK, I got ya.
I said nothing of the sort, I feel that the season as it is is fine and was set up with the intentions of being an archery season. If it is concluded that crossbows are archery equipment then so be it. I like the season the way it is. I feel xbows are not bows and do not belong in this season for all the reasons stated ad nauseum. I don't think this season excludes anyone individuals can decide if they want to be a part of it or not. If numbers of archery hunters makes it necessary to put the season on draw so be it, but this idea that people think archers are greedy and selfish is wrong. The same arguement can be stated for those that want in on the season by adjusting the rules, they are greedy and selfish. Truly I think it accomplishes nothing to base your arguement in that mud hole. Debate it on the merits of the equipment and the nature of the season.