View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
YES, the Hook2 units are fully capable of live on the water mapping using Navionics+ and SonarCharts Live, they are also fully compatible with CMAP Genesis, so you have access to all of the mapping on the Social Maps layer (very good detail and coverage in AB and SK) for free, and the option to create your own private maps.
I remember talking about it a while ago but didn't think there was any confirmation at that time. I see that Navionics announced a month ago that sonarcharts live does work on the Hook2 units. I don't get why Lowrance doesn't promote that feature on their website...

Do you know if a guy has to pay yearly subscription fee for updates in order to use sonarcharts live? I will find out in a few months, hoping I don't have to pay for updates. If a guy does I would still give Humminbird the advantage for maps since there is no annual fee. CMAP maps are nice if you are down south/fishing lakes that have already been mapped by others. Downside on these cheap units is that you can't run it and sonarcharts live together since there is only one sd slot(I couldn't get it to work on mine anyways).

Since the Hook2 does have live mapping you can't really go wrong with either the Helix 5 or Hook2. They both have roughly the same features and are priced similarly. Pretty much comes down to personal preference, go play with the 2 units in store and decide which user interface you prefer.