View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
This comment is absolute hocus pocus BS. Here is another clear example of a person who has zero clue how to debate the issue. Rather than make rational debate worthy comments it's more of this (the sky is falling) and I presume information from his crystal ball. This guy is making remarks that he could never back up with any presetance, hard fact or evidance, his comment is pure fantasy. He appears to think there is someone hiding in the shadows or under his bed that is going to take all his guns.

Clearly he is so attached to that fantasy he hasn't realized owning a gun in Canada has actually became easier in the past two years. He also is so driven by an apparent infatuation with the boogy man coming to get his guns he doesn't even know our fight is not with the anti's. A fight with the anti's is a complete and utter waste of time and money, regardless of what we say or do they will always want guns banned. As gun owners and enthusiests our battle is actually a lobby. 100% of our effort has to be working towards the moderates, making sure we as a group maintain a strong lobby at all levels of government for the support of the moderates who are the vast majority of the electorate. Do you think the anti's are going to debate with us as gun owners, frankly they could care less about us and the apparent nut bars we harbor in our ranks. They figured out long ago the battle was not with gun owners the battle has always been a lobby effort for the support of the moderates. Win the moderates and you are winning the game. Notice I said "winning", the game will never end, it's on going has been for years and will be for years to come. We dealt them a serious blow by getting the moderates to go with us on the gun registry legislation.

Sadly it appears many on our team do not even know how the game is played, guys like this poster dream up wild schemes from apparent over active imaginations to, I guess try to scare people. It's really quite predictable, those that do not have the ability to enter the debate on the same level as the others just revert to what they seem to know best utterly unsupported dribble, just go back and read trakkers opening comment about Hitler and Stalin, you think that added to the debate..... now his side kick employs the exact same tactic, he has nothing to add except some fantasy he has dreamed up. Go back and read this guy post.....is that the guy you want leading the charge...I think not.
Hey, now that was a nice rant. I have been thinking of ways to debate it, but what's the point. You are just here to fight, so nothing I say will be good enough. As for Scrapper becoming borderline abusive, that is to be expected from someone who doesn't like to see any opinions but his own expressed. When a differing opinion is made, people like him lash out. So it wasn't unexpected that it would happen eventually.

But at least I'm not constantly contradicting myself between posts, Scrapper.

Last edited by Hagalaz; 08-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.