View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
Canada already has all of the steps in place to get an authorization to carry non-concealed handguns in remote wilderness areas I had this permit for 7 years let it expire appr 3 years ago now.

My permits were good for all wilderness areas of BC & Alberta.

I am also the holder of a Utah CCW permit I took the one day course almost 5 years ago now.

Yes thats right it was a one day info course that is it.

I am missing why some of you feel that a CCW holder would need extensive training that LEO's have to take when over 1 million Americans with CCW permits do not.

You are not hearing of mass shootings or even accidents by CCW holders why do you feel it would be any different here?

I have to say that I am being continually amazed at how some of you support one aspect of firearms ownership and not an other...

Actually, I have to agree with you. When I made my comment I was more thinking of a qualifying day, than intensive training. I think that most people that buy handguns and would conceal carry already have a pretty good jump on your "average" constable in training when it comes to shooting.

How often does an RCMP officer have to qualify with his gun and what is involved?