View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
Canada already has all of the steps in place to get an authorization to carry non-concealed handguns in remote wilderness areas I had this permit for 7 years let it expire appr 3 years ago now.

My permits were good for all wilderness areas of BC & Alberta.

I am also the holder of a Utah CCW permit I took the one day course almost 5 years ago now.

Yes thats right it was a one day info course that is it.

I am missing why some of you feel that a CCW holder would need extensive training that LEO's have to take when over 1 million Americans with CCW permits do not.

You are not hearing of mass shootings or even accidents by CCW holders why do you feel it would be any different here?

I have to say that I am being continually amazed at how some of you support one aspect of firearms ownership and not an other...
I think we are all in agreement, methods of control do not affect the criminal elements access to fire arms.
I feel in canada our fire arm owner ship is based on our heritage of self reliance, hunting / trapping. in this I feel canadians should have lawful access to firearms that reflect that intention eg bolt action ,non selectable semi auto,with a capacity stated legal to hunt.
fire arms outside this classification need there own laws, the intent of such allowing enthusiasts access after training to a recognised standard. along with stringent background checks above the normal practice.
many here feel there is little difference a rifle is a rifle. I feel they are mistaken. a. 308 bolt action rifle will not cut down brick walls in seconds, a semi auto could in time with a supply of ammo. a .308, with a capacity to attain automatic fire wall is gone in seconds.
I trust the average joe hunter (most of my friends ) to be safe to the first level stated above. when given a semi auto center fire the second, third shot most often is not under proper control due to lack of experience.
if you want to play with rifles intended for the military get the training they are expected to attain.
no ones freedom is limited,I have to be licenced to a recognised higher level to drive a larger vehicle. fire arms should be no different. mho.