View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Man, that is priceless. Ever hear of Alan Rock?? You really got some nerve pulling the paranoid card in this country when it comes to gun control.

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this
country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

- Allan Rock, then Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.
Awe yes Alan Rock....that was 20 years ago I fail to see how anything Allan Rock said twenty years ago has any meaningful bearing on the debate today. I guess if anything we can take from is comments we know that regardless of what he said or believes none of it came to be law. Even 20 years ago when people were having this exact same bebate no one lost there guns, there was no ban. Point being an over reaction to any gun ban rhetoric is not a productive response. Some of the comments on here seem to suggest the gun ban is immanent, that is just wrong, some would lead people to believe some anti gun shrink is going to deem all gun owners as crazy giving the government the right to take away our guns. Frankly that is just fear mongering.

No one should under estimate the anti's lobby for stronger gun control but honestly can we at least keep it in some reasonable perspective.