View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Right now would be a good time to join NFA and CSSA and go pick up an AR (or just a receiver), and some min length pistols, if you don't have already.
I agree. Buy a short gun and a black gun. Make a statement and have some fun doing it. Win-win.

It is also a good time to join the NRA. They cannot help us directly in Canada because the NRA constitution prohibits foreign lobbying. But the NRA is a strong Keep if our defences here are ever breached; and that is possible.

The CSSA did a good job during the Registry debate but in the process seemed to acquire a taste for favour and status with Ottawa. They were a proud participant in the recent U.N. negotiations on a universal Arms Trade Treaty and have announced to members (of which I am one) that certain "improvements" were advanced by them. I was profoundly disappointed. That is like a so-called gun advocacy organization claiming victory by announcing that it only agreed to foreign regulation of ammo that comes in black boxes. Stupidly short-sighted and unprincipled.

The NFA has a history of being inoffensive but shows some recent promise.

I trust the NRA to hold fast when the going gets tough far more than I trust either of our domestic orgs. They will be our last hope. Anyway, the NRA is a fountain of good, reliable information and fact on the U.S. "gun culture" we hear so much about in this country. It is helpful to have the facts about that.

Join them all.