View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Rackmastr

Default Re: crossbows

No, I didnt score but I pass on lots of good opportunities and I missed a couple of deer. I've been archery hunting since I was 12 and am a very confident archery hunter, but I know that I could put a crossbow in someones hand and they would shoot as well as I can within 2 hours as it took me in 13 years.

Do you feel more confident in making a shot with a rifle or a compound? Lets be honest here......when you're shaky and you are at full-draw with a compound, there is no comparison to being on a bipod and looking down a scope. Sometimes I find that crossbow enthusiasts try to downplay this. Why spend your time downplaying it? Its a fact that you are more solid on a bipod....you have less movement....you have a scope......BIG DEAL!! Crossbows STILL have every right to be in the field hunting.

Seems most crossbow enthusiasts take too much time comparing, when all they should do is spend more time advocating for a season. They are different weapons, which require different skills, and different abilities. End of story. Argue it till you're dead, but they are different weapons IMO and should be treated differently (even if slightly differently).

I am more confident with my bow than some rookies are with their gun, but yet people dont compare a rifle or a bow. They just accept they are different methods of hunting and accept they are both responsible. A crossbow is a responsible way of hunting, and should be given its time in the season. For the same reason that muzzleloaders, shotguns, rifles, are not allowed in the archery season, I think the crossbows should not be allowed either. There needs to be seperation IMO....