View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You don't want to get me going on the NRA. Prior to researching them after the Sandy Nook shooting I figured that they were great for supporting firearms owners rights but after some digging all is not what it appears to be.

Now, I think that they are simply a lobby for firearms manufacturers and firearms owner's rights is secondary to their main goal of helping firearms manufacturers make more money. There's a reason that they won't support background checks, banning sales of firearms to people on the terrorist watch list and anything else that would reduce the sale of firearms.......$$$$$. Last year firearms manufacturers gave the NRA $71M in funding! You don't go biting the hand that feeds you when that kind of money is involved. That IMO is the reason that you'll never find them supporting anything that will limit the sale of firearms (ie background checks) and always support anything that would require the sale of more guns (ie guards in all schools).

The NRA is not about protecting firearms owners rights, it just happens that by doing so they help the gun manufacturers make $$$$......IMO.
The NRA is a bussiness not some charity or rights group.
They are as much a business...correction more of a business than (dare I say it...) Wendy C's outfit.

2 sides of the same coin each pandering to a different group of fearful people.

Fact is that of both special interest groups could be muzzled sensible folks would sit down... express their views and a happy compromise would be possible.

Unfortunatley plungers keep pizzing and moaning and stiring crap up... creating imagined problems where none that are real exist.