View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 05:41 PM

Default just need advice. ( pike set up )

So hey there. i got into fly fishing 2 years ago. strictly pike. i fish on the bow west of bassano. most the fish i get are in the 2 to 15 lb range with most around 7 to 9 lbs. any ways i use a cabelas prestige in a 8wt, medium 8wt sinking line some 20lb monofilament line (5ft long) and a 2 foot long titanium leader then a #6 wooly bugger green or black with a bit tinsel added for flash. has worked well as i rarely go home empty handed. but i cant seem to cast far maybe 25ft on a good day and all the videos and things i read have so many different ways of set up and all claim to be the right way. so im looking for any advice to help my game ie set up properly. ie line set up. my cast is good , nice loop behind me and i start forward right as hits end of the rear casting loop. so i dont think thats my problem for distance. my roll cast is decent i quess , a work in progress one might say. any ways any friendly help is appreciated, or criticism, i can take it, my skin is thick. and i dont have any real interest in other fish just pike. i might one day and ill definitely ask how set up for that when im ready.
thank you folks for reading i know i tend to ramble on.