Thread: Success rate?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Lets be clear, I could have taken many whitetail does but have chosen not to. With more then a month left in rifle season I felt no need to take a whitetail. Although I seen the biggest buck of my life at 107 yards with no way to get closer.(He was in the middle of a field) Hunting mulies is over and goes to draw on November 1st. I guess the good thing about the bow is that Ive had 2 more months to hunt which was fun. But in saying that I hunted hard the last two months and Im coming home with nothing. Pretty frustrating to put in a ton of miles and time to not bring anything home. This is despite seeing plenty of game in the 100-150 yard range. Which is why I want to see how everyone does. If I stick with it, will I get to a point were I have a pretty good chance of harvesting an animal. Or is it more for getting out in the wilderness and relaxing? I dont mind paying my dues, i just want it to pay off in the end.
Draw on every potential animal that you can harvest, doesn't mean you have to
take the shot. It makes you more comfortable when it comes down to actually threading the needle, and gives you experience's such as different angled shots on vitals and learning to draw and letoff on your bow while being silent. All experiences are learning experiences….