View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoch View Post
You think you need a bear tag in order to protect yourself from a bear? If a bear attacks during the summer while your out fishing you need to get mauled just because you don’t have the appropriate tags?

You only need tags if you intend to hunt that animal, you can take your weapons for a walk through the woods any time you want with no tag. Having a tag for a bear while out hunting is useful if you were to get attacked, shoot it in defence, but didn’t want the hassle of reporting it and going through an investigation. If you truly shot it in defence the investigation would prove that though and it wouldn’t be an issue if you didn’t have a tag.

Determining intent to hunt is tricky but I think our COs do a pretty fine job of figuring out who is hunting and who is helping.
Of course I know that. All I'm saying is if my buddy is armed and hunting moose and i am along calling for him also armed ( for bear defence) and we get stoped. It would be easier to explain my being armed for bear defence with a tag in my pocket than being tagless in possession of a weapon and calling for my buddy hunting his moose.