Thread: Barbless Hooks
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
Please forgive me and my naivety, I was under the impression that the law had defined the standard for a barbless hook… either it is functioning or it is not, I didn’t think it was possible to be almost pregnant…
I think if you read the act again you will find no reference to catching line when run over it as being a test of the standard. The true test would be whether the barb has any power to hold a fish, not whether a piece of line snags on it or not.The particular officer chose to use that as a test, but it's not written anywhere that it is valid. In the case mentioned by Douggie55 the judge, in fact, ruled that it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
As for the more harmful actions, I didn’t realize that was going on this past weekend, sorry, like I said I am new to this. Do you think there were 240 to 900 fish illegally caught in nets? WOW that is just crazy!! Do the officers know where this is happening? If they don’t, why has nobody reported it to them? Was this going on around the area where the officers were working?
I have to admit you lost me here. What do nets have to do with this discussion? Do officers know where what is happening?