Thread: Barbless Hooks
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfespirit View Post
Not many anglers want to go through a 300 step techincal process to ensure they're legal before, during, and after hitting the water for an afternoon of some fishing fun. So when step number 234 resulted in a hook that was only 96.3% compliant to the rules and the person got ticketed for it, he was rightfully a bit unhappy about it.

Most people seem to think that the officer's actions in this thread were a bit questionable if we assume the OP's story to be accurate. Most people understand why too. You're smart enough to know that.

Who the hell said I was smart??? I am just asking questions.... As for the 300 steps, well you are right, me included, but if we don't like a law find a way to change it. Kill all the fish, protect all the fish, shoot all the moose, protect all the moose, barbed / barbless I have my opinion, who cares, whatever the law is we need to be prepared to take all 300 steps or risk getting a ticket ($115.00 for a BEER!!) or simply don't go! Same goes for hunting, driving, owning a house, having kids, keeping a dog, farming etc... No sarcasm intended.