Thread: Banff?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:02 PM

You don't need a tour group for Johnson canyon. It is a very accessible easy hike that I've taken my grandmother on and she was 80 at the time. It may be icy at this time of year which is the only problem, but Banff can be pretty mild so it's often fine. I've taken my 3 and 2 year old on that hike before and they made it to the upper falls. Also you can't get lost the majority of it is paved, even wheelchair accessible in the summer. It's a pretty nice hike tho, especially if you have one of those kid backpacks you would be fine.

If your in Banff check out Chez Francois in Canmore for brunch... it is by far the absolute best place for breakfast in the county. It will cost you a pay check at supper time, but breakfast is super cheap and amazing.

If you get a night off from the kid, St James gate is the best pub in town. Tons of beer on tap and great food.

There are some easy hikes to do around Lake Minnewanka as well that are good to check out. IF it gets nasty outside the douglas fir hotel has a water slide and pool that is open to the public for a small fee, and the hot springs of course.

If your at castle mountain your half way to lake lousie as well. The chateau lake Louise is cool to check out as well, they have a nice outdoor skating rink I think you can rent skates there. They have a big ice carving festival sometime in the winter that we always went to and it was pretty cool. Lagans bakery in louise is the best place for snacks if your out there.

Last edited by Gus; 01-25-2011 at 10:12 PM.