View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:24 PM

my apologies, I went through heavier bullets 6 years ago. so whether it was a 215, or a 225 were still unremarkable and useless. I did get confused over the 139, and the 140 Barnes. SOOOOOORRRRRRRRY!!!!

I shot 140 grain chronographed into a target at 300 yards. The result was a bullet in Bullet. That was also 50 rounds, and till my rifle disappeared, did that monthly. Maybe no 50 rounds but at least 6.
I was talking to Conlee, at Barnes and was very impressed with what they have. Conlee told me they were killing elk out to 1200 yards. using an LRX 139, 7mm. He sent me the recipe, but I somehow deleted it. Still going through all the Hornady, Lyman, etc,etc to find the right one. Conlee also said that we could overload, because there was less contact, less pressure????? Maybe this info is wrong, I have been wrong before once or twice.

So for 30+ years I shot and tagged out every year. every animal was under 75 yards. I was bored and thought I would see how far my .308 would shoot. I then bought a 7mm Rem Mag and started shooting longer and longer.

So is it ethical to shoot game beyond your ????? Probably more than carrying that rifle on your quad at 10:00 am. or road hunting or hunting over a salt lick. Maybe it's alright to wake up opening day, grab the still unused box of shells you had 5 years ago and the rifle that hasn't been fired since you bought it and go hunting????

I pride myself on one shot one kill, which takes a lot of practice. My rifle will not be ready for hunting until next season After I've put a lot of bullets through her. Is that unethical or just not your style of hunting?

Last edited by Blackwolf; 11-12-2017 at 12:35 PM.