View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
So the TSX is back to 18,000 and has fully recovered from the March sell off. Most stock groups, except Energy, have too. When do you guys think the next great buying opportunity is going to come around, how many are bailing out of the Fangs and locking in their profits from the last 18 months. What are you doing with the excess cash if you are still sitting on some?
The next great buying opportunity is here and it's in the inflation trade. Agricultural commodity plays Corn, wheat, soybeans etc. are on a ripper. Nat gas, oil, copper, iron ore. All that stuff is ramping up in prices and is gone half unnoticed by retail imo. Time to cycle out/lighten up on tech and bonds, bond proxies. US ten year yield tagged 1.19 a couple days ago. We loaded up in August/September on CDN oil, CNQ, PPL, TOU, ALA. In ag, NTR has been a long timer that's been good as well lately. The EV play NFI is another holding that I think is going to benefit from the Biden green agenda, up 30% in the last couple days on forward guidance. Nat gas is looking great going forward imo, the new green energy. Fully loaded on gold and gold miners as well. Light on financials. Still holding some weight in Telcos, Utilities as defense. That's how I'm looking at things right now, not much cash sitting. Some, but down significantly from last February/March. May be completely out of whack on my thinking but we'll see I guess. Good luck all.