View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 AM

All look great gentlemen. I am in the process of having one built. My house doesn't have a basement, so we have renovated just over half of the old garage into an office/work space for my wife and her company. Other half is like a hallway now that holds the garage freezers and extra fridges. This hallway ties into the new 30'x40' triple garage built in front of the old one. The new garage goes past the existing one by 25'. So on the back side is a seperate room where you enter through the garage which will be the man cave/trophy room.

It will be 15'x25' with a vaulted ceiling from 12' down to 9'. The room will all be done in knotty pine with an old looking but new gas stove. Going for the cabin look. I have a window that is triangular and follows the contour of the roof line and the bottom is at 9' so it will be hard for anyone to look in but will get some natural lighting.

I am having a 5' floor lamp, 2 table top lamps, and an elk chandelier being made from Jason Koenig who owns antler creations down in Medicine Hat.

My 2 coffee tables are being made from a guy out by thorsby and they will be the natural log furniture.

I have purchases a set of 1950 hand made snow shoes from Quebec and a few animal traps to hang on the wall to add to the decor.

And finally I found a guy to make me a custom reloading work bench to finish off the cave.

Finally my dream come true and I will post pics when it is complete. Which won't be until summer, as the concrete still needs to be poured for the floor after the spring thaw to minimize cracking.

The one corner which has the 12' ceiling will be ready for my cat and hopefully a great spring bear from northern sask in a life size scene.

Biggmac