View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:50 AM

Like a few guys have mentioned here - Marcum's customer service is outstanding - they support their customer. The problem is, I did have periodic break downs of my Marcum stuff. 2 seasons ago, I bought a second camera, because the first one was in the shop again (for the second time due to condensation in lens).

My Marcum flasher also had some issues that went back for warranty.

Excellent products (when the work) and excellent customer service but it's getting a little old for me now what seems to be constantly dealing with one issue or the next on my Marcum stuff.

I also have an older hummingbird ??? (the predecessor to the ICE) all in one flasher/GPS/Fish finder unit and bought the summer transducer for it so I can take it in a canoe or rental boat (whatever). Never had issues with the Humminbird stuff. It works well and doesn't break.

It's my GPS for ice fishing and my "back-up" unit. Problem is I had to use my backup unit for weeks or months every second or so ice season ...... I think the Marcum is clearer and brighter, but that doesn't help you when it's in the shop for warranty.