View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Default Re-post

I'm a new hunter to Alberta but lived in Calgary area since 1999. The wife and I just finished building a house on 6 aces in Dewinton and have 2 small children.

I've never hunted in Alberta before but know K-country pretty well.
I have a large shop where game can be dressed and bobcat for moose/elk down the road. Have quads and soon buying a camper and canvas tent for longer trips to avoid long morning drives to take advantage of hunting endeavors in the future. I started hunting with my father when I was 11 on Vancouver island. It was all black bear and black tail deer. Have a couple friends in the area that do hunt but would be nice to add to the group or a duo/friendship.
I'd like to stick to big game rifle hunting and maybe go to bow down the road once I'm setup for it and learn more about it. Willing to travel and stay out for weeks on end if need be. I have all my own gear and run a tikka 30-06/leupold.
I have exchanged a few numbers on the old post but haven't met anyone yet.
I'd prefer someone that's not a straw hat, gum boot, 6 pack kind of hunter if you know what I mean hahaha!
Other words common sense is a must, there is no lack in a well planned hunting trip.
Cheers.