Thread: #1 Boating Rule
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Sometimes you have trouble at launch. Every year we hook up the water attachment to the boat water intake, and scare the hell outta the neighbors in the hood with the old Johnson 2 Stroke and I think I'm ready, and then I get to the lake and she don't go for some reason.

Boat edicate? always seem to be missing with some. Like common sense, like don't use the launch to run your boat for 15 minutes because you were too lazy not to do it at home. Don't park in the middle of the launch when its a 2 boat launch. Have your boat ready to go, untarp it, get your giant tube ready while you wait. Be at your vehicle to move up and don't be mad at buddy cause he passed you because you decided to take a leak and you lost your cue in line. Be patient with some dude who has to back up his truck himself, and load the boat himself. Help older ladies into their boat. and my favorite control your kid so he doesn't run behind boats backing up on the launch, this one I don't get period. My kids go straight from the Jeep to the boat, and momma holds there hand the whole way.
Agreed. I get that sometimes stuff happens. But taking care of it at the launch is not the place to do it.

Another favorite of mine is the guy that untarps his boat after he backed down to the launch, rather than when he was waiting in line at the staging area...

Don't forget to take off those transom straps folks.

Be safe out there

Cheers,