View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Sea.. Let me see if I can help. Others may have some thoughts.
We only use herring (Cut Plug)
We use Flashers. Color depends on the day. If your not producing, keep a eye out for what others are using.
Leader length is a personal thing. find what you like and go with it. All my guides use a different length
Interesting trick I learnt last year was to watch your cables and when you start to see bubbles form on them, you are going to fast.

Where are you fishing in Rupert? What time of year? What type/Size of boat/Engine are you running?

Thanks
Jamie
Last year was my first trip out to Rupert. Before that I tried Kitimat and Kincolith. We were out in august last year and did real well on coho but no springs. This year I plan to take my boat out earlier,possibly in June to try for springs and leave it there in storage so we can make a few more trips over the summer and bring it home in the fall.
Last year I stayed close to Rupert and fished mostly at Lucy and Humpback Bay. If the weather is right I hope to venture farther this year.
My boat is a North River Seahawk with the offshore bracket and my motors are both Yamaha's, a 150 and a high thrust 8.
I have owned and run boats on the lakes in Alberta for 30 years but have found the ocean to be totally different. Even with two motors,dual batteries,two VHF radios,dual bilge pumps,nautical charts on my GPS,flares, a handheld GPS and a good solid boat you never totally relax.
I certainly appreciate your advice. Thanks