View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Smile big pike

I don't want to sound like a dreamer but I have caught pike like that with a smaller one on and a big one comes out of the deep. 20 years ago me and some of my fishing buds were fishing in Cyrstine Lake (excuse my spelling) in northern Alberta where I landed an 18 pounder that had fresh bit marks in it and I dropped my line down for a second try with my largest like a foot long red devil on and I caught a submarine, never did get it up but it took line like a spring samon and snapped my brand new 20lb test like it was 2 pound. It takes alot of skill to land a cold water monster. I scuba dive and have herd some crazy stories of commercial divers doing inspection work on damns in Sask. bumping into what they thought were logs only to put the light on them to see 4 foot pike swimming past freek them out and right out of the water. So quit possible these pics are from some wheres else like Europe but I sure would have liked to see what was tring to eat that 18 pound pike. There is alot of water out there in Canada and I would like to believe that we have a few monsters out there too.