View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM

You can argue all you want boys but if you think all these walleye "factories" are a good thing or that it will lead to a healthy sustainable fishery you just don't know so don't try to tell us albertans that grew up and fished these lakes over the past 20 or 30 years that what we have now is good. Just because you pull out your boat twice a year and hammer the half starved and frozen minnow fed wallies like there's no tomorrow doesn't mean you are a fish catching machine. I miss the schools of little perch when you launched your boat and the little jackfish scooting out of the weeds when you pull up on shore. Those fish were the future and keeping a few perch or a pike or two made sense because the lake was alive with them. Tell me what you see now? Nothing. Wallies ate em all and they ain't coming back. Sheez done. Wabamum is the proof in the pudding. On a zero retention lake with no winter kill it's just like pigeon now. Can't blame that one on the anglers. I hope the natives net the be jeezus out it. Shame to see such a big fertile water body reduced to a toilet bowl full of look alike wallies starving to death.