View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Default Trophy Ridge 4-pin plastic sight

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and if it's pretty common with plastic bow sights.

I bought a Bear Cruzer G2 on sale at Cabela's because I wanted to get into bow hunting this year. I've learned now that I probably should have went to a pro shop to have it set up correctly and I basically spent the first 3 months learning how to shoot and learning how to set up and tune my bow correctly. Now that I feel like I've been getting a lot better I've started working on tuning my sights.

I've noticed with the sight though that each pin is slightly off center, either of right or off left. When I began moving my pins as I sight it in I notice it depends on how much you tighten each sight pin. The tighter, the more right the sight pin will be. It's because the plastic is flexing. Obviously this now changes my windage every damn time. Is this typical of plastic sights and is there a way to make sure they're all aligned the same?

I was planning on buying a new release but it looks like I may have to spend my money on a new bow sight first...any input is appreciated.