View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstream View Post
Or do what I did.
I have same started a Bear Cruzer G2.
After playing with it and shooting it for around 3 months, I realised that I needed an upgrade.
I had the same thought of getting a new sight for my first upgrade...
But then I realised the arrow rest would give me an better improvement.
Then the more I shoot my bow, the more I think a new bow would be the first thing to upgrade...
So kept my Cruzer G2 for another few month and saved up some $$ to get a new bow first.
Got an PSE, no regret! It performed way better than my Cruzer.
Then save up, bought a new Ripcord, save up, bought a new sight, save up bought a new Beestinger stab.
After shooting my new set up for a while, I went back to the basement and dug out that Cruzer G2 and shoot it again.
The Cruzer went straight to Kijiji.
An advanced bow will give you more confident to shoot.
If you would like to start trying 30 or 40 yards, a starter bow and a more advanced bow does make a big difference.
Those are my personal opinion.
Cheers!
I think I'm somewhere in between on doing this. I'm planning on hunting with it come September so I'm thinking I'll start upgrading this bow with the idea of buying a new bow next January/Feb and taking everything off of this bow and putting it on the new one.
That'll allow me to save a significantly higher amount for the new bow while making small purchases now and I can walk into a pro shop focusing on a bow that fits me perfectly and not worrying so much about price.

I've started looking at the IQ Micro sight but I'm hearing mixed reviews on the retina lock. I've also been looking at the Trophy Ridge React H5 but hearing a lot of inconsistencies at higher distance with their "automatic" sighting system. The Cabela's sight mentioned seems like a great price for right now but there aren't any reviews on it and I'm thinking of moving towards the "buy once, cry once" mentality with archery now since the higher end stuff seems to really make a difference.

I appreciate the input. I originally bought all of the cheapest things I could (bow, release, arrows...etc) because I was unsure of how much I'd enjoy archery but I've enjoyed every minute of it the past few months so it seems like from here on out I shouldn't be so cheap about things.

I'm thinking I'll go with sight, release, rest in that order for my upgrades. Thanks again.