Thread: concussion
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:29 AM

I've had several throughout my life, the most recent being ice fishing in January 2016. Snow free ice, freshly drilled hole and me walking over to get bait. Hit the water, remember looking up at the clear blue sky thinking "this is gonna hurt". Then every 2 minutes after that, asking my buddy how long ago did that happen? 10 minutes later, we were packing up and heading to the nearest hospital.

I did the most insane thing - thinking I could return to work 2 days later. After being forced to go back home and rest for a week, I returned to work again only to continue to feel the effects for a really long 4-6 months. I still occasionally get symptoms, usually when I play sports and spin round and round when the action is happening. Takes me staring at a spot on the floor in a break in the action for 10 seconds to stop the head from spinning, but there's no music accompanying it? I have a slight case of tinutus as well, but that's been in there since my teens from sitting right in front of speakers at dances. Some things still bother me to this day (brightness of snow for example - good sunglasses help immensely)

Concussion protocols nowadays are much more complete. It's a step system; you complete one "level" and carry onto the next level. If at any level you fall back, you actually start at the beginning again so the best thing you can do Wayne is to follow medical directions and work slowly through it.

Best of luck in getting better. It'll work itself out - just give it time (not like me)

J.