Thread: Reloading
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Gone Hunting

I have been reloading for over twenty years.

As the others said, get a reloading manual or several, most of the bullet manufactures and so far as i know, all the powder manufactures publish their own version.
Most have websites where one can order their manuals. There are also reloaders groups and reloaders websites.
You could try; hornady.com , sierrabullets.com , lymanproducts.com or any of the others out there.

Another very good source of reloading information is reloadbench.com

Now. I didn't find learning reloading hard at all. Quite easy in fact.
But.

Absolutely, read ALL the instructions, and ALL the precautions, and FOLLOW them to THE LETTER. Done according to instruction, reloading is quite safe.
IGNORE THE RULES AND YOU COULD DIE.

Yes I AM TRYING to scare you. It could save your eyes, your fingers or even your life.

In conclusion. I have found reloading to be a safe and enjoyable hobby with many side benefits.

Cheaper ammunition with all but the most common loads, some of which can be cheaper then handloading.

More flexibility, you can load bullets that the factory can't sell enough of to be worth their while to make.

More accurate ammunition. With some care, much more accurate ammo can be handloaded. There are a number of reasons for this I won't go into here.

Learning. You will have a better understanding of your ammo and your gun and how it all works. Which will most likely make you a better shooter.

But not always. LOL Yup, I'm no better then before. Oh well.

Let's see, what did I forget to say ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nope, can't think of anything.

Last edited by KegRiver; 11-04-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: misspelled words