View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 AM

The photos in the sticky are probably from Neil's photobucket account. I think he's suspended from here though. He used to offer a ton of help but I think he got into some rule breaking arguments with some other users that got suspended.
I've got my bow tuned well (by Neil actually) and last year when I got out of the vehicle for the elk woods, the first thing I did was take two shots to instill some confidence in the gear. First shot was a field point at 100 yards on a Rinehart cube target. I walked up 20 yards and launched a practice grim reaper from 80. The field point was about 4" (at about 10 o'clock) from the center of the target and the grim reaper was within two inches of the field point (but down a touch and a little more so to the right, so closer to center of target). Starting my morning like that, I was confident that any elk within 30 yards was a dead elk. Just didn't see one that day.
I regularly practice to 100 yards with field points and out to 80 with practice grim reapers. It keeps my form in top shape. But the best practice is on the 3d course from 5 - 50 yards without ranging.
All this to say...
Nube, if you keep your bow tuned and your shooting form trained, it won't much matter what broadhead you use.
Although the only mechanical I will ever try is grim reaper. Just better design and a track record to support it. I'll probably throw some fixed heads in the quiver this year too.
Have fun and good luck with the sheep. Probably going to be your most enjoyable sheep because of the bow