View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
100% with you on the public needing to be informed and there being full disclosure on actual numbers and sightings outside of their normal range. Same for cougars.
And the cougars too yes. Predator numbers should be well educated period. Wolves, cougars, bears. Some are for more dangerous when surprised than others. Some more apt to stalk and or go predator than others. For human safety and awareness but also wildlife management purposes. Alberta human population should at least know if we are on a predator high swing...or an ungulate high swing...it's one or the other at any given time.

As for cougars, i educate that any area with good numbers of deer likely has a cat in the coulee with them. Have seen first hand while calling coyotes. The bowhunters know also, how many encounters there. And i'm hoping i don't have to mention how high wolf numbers are and have been for a long arse time too. We are predator high right now and have been for a long time.

That bearspray education isn't just meant for g-bears. Every runner or cyclist that gets their fitness out of town should have it part of the kit. I'm sure a cougar stalking a woman walking her dog near canmore would get lost with a face full of spray...like a skunk on steroids. Pretty good to protect yourself from anything alive really, dogs, humans. It should be on you, on your bike, on your hip etc.

Thanks SB