View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
Recoil is definitely a thing. Hard to beat the 223s and 6MMs for high volume practice.
I agree with the practice.
If you start out shooting a high recoil rifle and develop bad habits then decide you will go to your practice suggestion, there is still recoil memory.

I have witnessed recoil sensitive shooters practice all the time but when they get behind their high powered rifle; they can't hit the target as they are anticipating the recoil and flinching so bad.

Like training a dog to shooting; start out small (.22) and work up.

Case in point:
When I was 14 years old my dad and uncle took me out to shoot a 12 gauge shotgun for the first time.

It was a nice fall day with a t-shirt on, and that Cooey single shot, with no recoil pad, managed to bleed my nose, watered my eyes, knocked my hat off, twisted my glasses and black/blue my shoulder....hahaha....it was ugly....

By 10 rounds out of the box of ammo, I had my t-shirt off and all bundled up like a recoil pad. I was flinching so bad I couldn't hit a pop can on the ground....

I laugh now but is was no fun.

I introduced my son and daughter to the slower and softer method and worked our way up....Both very shoot well...

Good luck....all IMHO....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 11-29-2018 at 08:10 AM.