View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
Why are some people assuming that if a person isn't bothered by recoil they are lying to themselves.
I know a small framed lady that is shooting a gun that creates far more recoil than the gun in the video.
Is she compensating for having no penis or has she just learned how to manage recoil?
The gun in the video is not even close to causing enough recoil to be a problem.
If a medium/heavy rifle like a Sendero in 300 WSM is causing pain, after a good pad was installed, there is another problem.
That problem may be in the shooters head rather than their shoulder.
I'm not sure anyone is assuming anything. Muzzle brake sales speak for themselves.

Then there's experience. Some people don't feel pain the way others do.
My dad used to casually pick glowing embers off the floor whenever they'd fall out of the old wood heater while he was loading more wood.

Then there was big Mike. A football player with some NFL teem I can't remember the name of. I guided him on a few hunts. His rifle of choice was a muzzle braked 375 ouch and ouch.
The man couldn't hit more then two shots out of ten he flinched so bad but to hear him tell it, that Elephant gun was a pleasure to shoot.

Dern thing kicked so bad it broke my outfitters collar bone and blackened both his eyes. And the man put more lead downrange then any two other guys I know.

George Bernard Shaw