View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Somehow I missed this thread completely for the last 2 months...... maybe if it was posted in a fly fishing section....

My 2 cents:

Believe it or not, I have a limited amount of time to participate in this forum. I would definitely spend time on a flyfishing specific forum if there was one. I know there are multiple flyfishing forums on the web, but frankly I don't have time to go to multiple sites.

I like this forum, save the occasional "quality fishing" poo-flinging, and am entertained enough by my fellow Albertans to not have to go searching elsewhere. Hell, I rarely even stop by CGN anymore.

I think a lot of people would spend more time here if they could find the specific info they wanted. You might not get the "uppity elitest" types, but who wants them? I consider myself a pretty hard core fly fisher and fly tier, having fished many places for many species and tied everything from foam flies to soft hackles, life like nymphs to feather wing Atlantic Salmon flies, but I have no interest in having a discussion about the advantages of Stillwater Solutions scud back over Brand X - I'll leave thy for those who are more interested in appearance than catching fish.

Even though I chuck hardware and dangle the odd worm, I really don't have much interest in talking about it, or hearing others talk about it. Now, if you catch an 8lb walleye double hauling a Deep 7 line and a 2/0 Clouser, post up some pics!!!

x107 for a Flyfishing page.