View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 AM

I'm on the fence on this one. I have many friends with boats that do well over 100 mph. Yes they are noisy, and yes Sylvan is not the place to be using them. Common sense was missing in that situation. I do my boating and fishing in the Shuswap and had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to go for a ride in a buddies new boat. 150 mph and we did most of the shuswap in an hour. and $600.00 in fuel. The fuel is the cheap part, he figures it costs him around $2300/hr including fuel and maintenance. They are no different really than a dragster, after a hard run, back to the shop. Now let me tell you that is quite the rush. But it still is dangerous in my mind, things come up pretty quick, and one day there will be a horrible accident with these boats out there.

As for guys saying it's just showing off there money and it's a big ***** contest, it's no different than the guys putting 300 hp on there fishing boats, to see how fast they can get to the fishing hole. Some of those boats do 70 mph or more, but nobody seems to care because they are not as loud. If you have the money and thats what you like to do, by all means do it. Why do so many people always have to say, it's showing off their wealth. And a new boat just showed up on the shuswap last week, 41' DCB, 1.2 million $, 200 mph. Pretty amazing.