View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
If your going for coyote with that snare I would suggest you have it tied off to low for a quick clean dispatch. The tree looks good and solid but you should always tie off high if possible in order to position the snare high on the neck at the base of the skull, best dispatch location. I would also suggest you add kill springs to your snares as they greatly increase the effectiveness of any lock.
Thanks for the advice I took the pic at a poor angle the snare is actually 10-12 inches of the ground and all my snares have dispatch springs on them.

I welcome any advice though as I am just learning. I do have a mentor but nobody knows everything. I will remember the advice about my boot prints.

Thanks everyone
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."