View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 04:45 PM

Default Pembina Closure - Cuttthroat

AC - sure have. Even help my buddy pull critters from his trapline on the McKenzie in the winter, both the cabins are his. The Bulltrout fishing on the McLeod is still pretty good, I always manage a few nice ones.... All catch and release of course. My point is Quadders and OHVs pale compared to loss of habitat and the roads punched into the areas. In the 70s and early 80s, we used 4x4s to get around, the OHVs are less destructive by far. McKenzie Creek and tributaries have been closed for years. What is really sad is the state of the Beaverdam area, loss of Deer and Moose habitat. There is nothing holding back the soil or rainfall silt from flooding into Beaverdam Creek. I have seen fines on the web levied to forest companies in BC for cutting down timber that was not part of their license that were less than some levied on a simple quad rider trying to get from point A to point B on the Falls Creek Road ! There is a bridge on the falls creek road that if the forestry company shared responsibly, wouldn't force OHVs to use cut lines and cross the creek where no bridge exists. The road can easily be shared safely....and used to be open....until they started to log it out heavily right to the cliffs overlooking the ram river. Check out google earth. Let's focus on heavy industry, not the average fisherman or OHV Rider.