View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
My wife bought a new GM car in 2012 and took it home and the next morning the rear window had blown out and it was parked in our garage. Called the dealership and told them what happened and they basically said go pound sand. I know windows are not covered under new car warranty but what a way to start a relationship off with especially with 23 km on it. She took it back to them and she said that when they cleared the remains of the glass off she saw the tech guy use a dremel tool on one side of the hatch frame to smooth a section out. When I confronted the service manager about it he flatly denied it and we had to pay for the window. We of course will not be visiting that dealership again and I just love it when they call to see if we want to trade it in on a new one.
My sunroof cost $1700, and both the dealership and Hyundai insisted that something must have hit the glass, even though I was the only vehicle around. I researched online, and found that this was not uncommon, and a class action suit was being unitiated in the USA. Insurance covered all but $500 under comprehensive. Now when they call trying to sell me a new vehicle, I tell them that I will never but a vehicle from them again, because of the roof. When I take the vehicle in for service, they no longer bother trying to sell me a new vehicle, unless there is a new salesman.