View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 02:53 AM

I can say my experience with Vortex Scopes has been nothing but disappointing.
Do far my range finder ha worked well.

I bought a HSLR 4-16x50 FFP scope a couple of years ago. Mounted it on a Tikka Lite 30-06. sighted the scope in at the range. Was very happy. put a couple hundred rds through the rifle. Verifying the scope and turrets getting confident with the scope out to 600 meters.

Put the scope away in my safe. A month or so later go back to the range to verify zero before hunting. It was not zeroed, was shooting off a few inches. Thought maybe I adjusted the turrets. Got it back on zero or so I thought. Held Zero until I either adjusted the magnification or changed my turret setting. It would be way off, but consistent.

Went back to a local dealer and chatted with him about the issue. Replaced my rings, loosened cleaned up and re tightened stock screws, site mount, cleaned the rifle, then went back to the range shot the rifle and scope. again would not hold zero after adjusting.

Went back to the dealer, they noticed the reticle was swinging back and forth when adjusting the magnification They exchanged the scope over the counter.

Went back to the range sited in the new scope, never thought another thing about it.
Went hunting missed a shot at 200 meters, went back to the range rifle was shooting low and to the right. Did some verification would not hold a zero. Would shoot consistent until any adjustment was made then it would change MPI significantly and hold that zero until an adjustment was done again.

Finally after eliminating all other avenues with the rifle, mounts and ammo I sent the scope back to Vortex. They fixed it no problem. The erector ring was loose, causing a shift of the cross hairs.

As soon as I got the scope back I phoned Vortex and asked if the problem is fixed or if it would happen again. I was told if it happened again send it back and they would warranty it.
Not being satisfied I put the scope up for sale the next morning. Took a big loss on the scope, not to mention the $700+ in ammo I used to site in the two different scopes from them Both of which had failures.

My question is have you fixed this issue with the erector rings on your HSLR model, is this issue a common issue with FFP scopes, if it is what is being done to build customer (my) confidence back that your product will not fail after light use.

I honestly was so excited when I bought that scope. It had everything I wanted in a scope. Multiple ways to range find, consistent measurements, accuracy and decent price point.
Although I vowed to never own a Vortex scope again. If you can assure me that the issues have been rectified I might be swayed to look into buying one again.