View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 04:36 PM

What we found through camping evolution, tent, tent trailer (rented - once), small antique travel trailer, Bigfoot travel trailer, motorhome, 5th Wheel, small motorhome, larger motorhome, now a Pleasure Way Van, was when we had children, the best deal was the first motorhome. Being on the road, I didn't have to pull over every time they had to go pee! With all the other units, it was Dad! I gotta go! Until such time it was a switch to the 5th wheel. What we noticed we missed from the motorhome was videos. Whilst I was driving, Wife and kids would watch videos. Wherever town/city that we camped around; we'd stopped at a video rental, give 'em our stall # at the campground and the kids would be entertained for the next while. Otherwise we brought videos from home. Now that the kids are gone, my wife & I are split between a motorhome and the Pleasure Way Van. We still do some historic reenactment stuff with canvas wedge tents, costumes and cooking over the fire but not as often as we use to. Oh! And we had a teepee (1st North American Moblie Home!) at one time too! The kids loved that and still talk about it to their kids! That's my 3 cents!