Thread: World cup
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Meal Farm View Post
I have followed this team through thick (rare) and thin (the traditional norm) since 1998, and I have been there through countless home matches plus away games in Estonia, Egypt and England. Our national team has broken my heart more times than I care to remember.

Simply qualifying was glorious. The tournament is incredibly difficult to reach, and whatever happens in Qatar the accomplishment of qualification will not diminish. Moreover, the fashion in which we qualified should never be overlooked. We didn't just squeak in through the intercontinental playoffs like Costa Rica. We won the group. Bossed it. Full of swagger.

That said, both Belgium and Croatia are aging teams, but their class is still present. My hope is that our young, pacey attackers like Jonathan David, Tajon Buchanan and Alphonso Davies (who will be back in time for the tournament) can hit them on the counter and keep them honest when they're in possession.

The game against Morocco is a wild card. They have changed managers and in the process have courted some top players back to their team. They are incredibly quick and skillful, and they went toe to toe in a friendly with Chile a couple weeks back. It was end to end stuff. Very entertaining.

Advancing out of the group would be a massive accomplishment The quality of Canada and Morocco as the 'filler' teams in our group have many calling this a group of death. We are in tough.
Well said! on paper, Belgium and Croatia look like favorites to qualify but then again, This is football anything can happen.

I wish David is back on time and fit. I wish our team good luck