Thread: metis info
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 11:36 AM

Default Métis info

JD, I too am a member of the Métis Nation of Alberta. I have been buying my hunting licenses, and putting in for my draws for 45 years now, and will continue to do so just like all my fellow hunters. I’m proud of my heritage, but in these modern times where I have a good paying job, and drive a new truck, etc. I personnally don’t see the need to take advantage of new laws or agreements that would allow me to do otherwise. I would hope that my hunting dollars are going to the betterment of our resources. We all want to enjoys our outdoors, and should try to help one another instead of critizing, and finger pointing. What good does that do? With population increase, habitat loss, and any number of other pressures on our resources, it’s an unfortunate fact that we will continue to see the diminisment of our wild places and the wildlife that live there. Let’s enjoy this gift as long as we can, and without the negative aspects that many people seem to want to dump on it. Have a great weekend everyone!