View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekka View Post
Sounds awesome! You will love having your own ice shack. I built one with a friend last fall and we loved it. One thing you might want to look into (unless you live in slave) it the width. I'm pretty sure that 8'6" is the max width you can have.

Something that we did in our shack instead of wood heat we used a propane furnace, set it and forget it. Our unit has a decent recovery time and after 7 straight days going only used about 40lbs of propane. We also added a full kitchen in ours. Sink, stove and oven (which we used several times in that same propane usage). Add to that a way to create yourself a portable outdoor waste closet. We made ours so that it is collapsible and just hangs off the wall outside. Saves driving into town to find a bathroom.

I have looked into transport regulations and anything over 8'7" flags by day and warning lights at night, over 10' same as above with 2 dimensional signage, as far as a bathroom I have not quite decided what the best portable option is, I kind of like your idea of it folding up to the wall of the shack, something that is simple and functionable I think but haven't really thought to hard on it yet.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.