View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Someone who wants to do something different or change an existing system needs to prove or at least make a good argument that doing the new thing will be broadly OK. Handgun hunting is not currently allowed; if you want to hunt with handguns then show us all why it's a such great idea. If you want to hunt from your truck seat at night with a spotting lamp then show us why it's great idea. Both are ridiculous in my view, but somebody on here will likely argue for both changes to the hunting regulations...

Allowing hunting with handguns would take a total re-write of restricted firearm law in Alberta and likely the entire country. Start with that if you want to hunt with handguns.

I'm not against everything, just that which strikes me as stupid and/or reflects poorly on us as a community. "Hunter" used to be a respected term; I think that respect has unfortunately worn very thin due to the actions of many idiots who call themselves hunters. Arguing for handgun hunting in Canada is like arguing for unprotected gay sex with seals, it's just not going to make a lot of sense outside a very small community of people.
And here is where your theory flies in the face of everything our forefathers have fought for. If you are not harming anyone you should be free to do as you please. You need not ask for broad acceptance.

At one time there was this lunatic that did not it was OK to be Jewish. He convinced an army that they were superior to other humans on the planet and that extermination would insure their place as rightful rulers. This was broadly accepted by his followers.

It is not like arguing to have unprotected gay sex with seals as our society protects those that can not protect or speak for themselves; including the animals and the environment as a whole.

It is however like arguing for unprotected gay sex as it is no ones business except for the couple involved. No one is asked to like it or dislike it they are only asked to be tolerant of others and their beliefs.

You people have been brainwashed by years of Liberal propaganda that would have you believe that we the people are too unintelligent to govern our own behaviour, that without control our society would revert to Bavarian standards.

This brainwashing insures a trough full for the hungry pigs that feed you this rhetoric via the CBC and other controlled media.