View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey, that sounds pretty good. Something like this may be all it might take to bring some of the land owners back, who may not presently allow hunters, due to past problems. Sounds pretty straight forward, and simplicity is good, would be interesting to see what one of these look like. In the past i have made up business card sized information cards that i have handed out to landowners. All info is on it, from vehicle and plate, to drivers licence, and through to caliber of rifle being used in the event of a mishap, so as to be legally responsible, and cleared of anything{like a shot cow}. Sure seemed to get their attention, and they seemed to warm up to a guy when they saw a small offering of responsibility. One of the best ive ever seen, is a landowner where i hunt mule bucks every few years. He has maps made up of his land, and labels all access points you can use, etc, etc. But you have to check in every day to be brought up to speed on recent changes, like cows being moved etc. anyways....

keep a strain on er.