View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
Have you ever put one outside Ken? Im curious as to how well it would work in the cold.
I had my side by side and trailer stolen out of my RV parking pad in College Park subdivision in Lloyd this past christmas and have been looking for something to watch over the parking pad since.
As close as I have gotten to outside with these units is under the boat cover with battery backup. Out in the elements, no. They do however make units that are made for outside uses.

This one is for outdoors, however is not wireless. Have to drill a hole through a wall and run the ethernet cable- which is how it is powered as well. There are lots of them.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...10409571.aspx?

When I built my garage I got the gas company to run a 2nd gas line from the house, in it I put rca, coax, ethernet and phone lines which was very slick. Tough to do after but doable. I used a thin string with a light ball tied to it and a vacuum at the garage end, then pulled all the cables through with the string.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....