View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 05:14 PM

It doesn’t take much to dull blades, maybe there not sharp despite being fairly new.
They should be razor sharp.
If there semi sharp try using a polishing wheel and some compound. One that fits a drill would do it, both available at CT or Princess. Green compound is usually the one you want, but you want light cut compound.
Whatever you don’t take a grinder to them. The heat will ruin the temper.
You’d be better off getting another set of blades as opposed to paying someone to sharpen them.
If you have a honing stone or better yet a whetstone you can sharpen them easy, if you’re careful. It doesn’t take much, less work then most people think.
If you want some tips or help PM me and I’ll help you out. I have educational videos on sharpening also.
If your serious get a Japanese Whetstone off Amazon. You can get man made King stones for like $40. Won’t take long shipping compared to China either.
A combo 1000/4000 or one of each. You might want a chisel sharpening guide jig if you have zero confidence in your motor skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk