View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pilot cock View Post
Thanks so much for all the good information. As it turns out, I found a jiffy model 30 with the 3hp Tecumseh engine on Kijiji for a decent price. I'll do my best to get the old one cutting better but it's likely going to be a Christmas gift for a friend who doesn't have a power auger. It'll be a huge step up from his manual one even if it cuts exactly as it was.

Your welcome. You can get the job done with oil stones, yet it’s a bit more messy, and finding big enough honing stones isn’t easy.
I spent over a decade shopping around for stones and such, yet once I got my first amazon order from Japan I was on my way to ninja, lol.
One instructor sharpens a knife with a concrete block, then cardboard and newspaper sharp enough to shave his face. Yet it took a long time, and didn’t look like a comfortable shave, lol.
I put red rubber bands on the kitchen knives after sharpening them cause I find it hard to resist scary razor sharp, and if your not paying attention you’ll get close to bone before you notice your cut.
On a side note, don’t forget to sharpen those fish hooks.