View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
All that said, myself plan on keeping at least one HUGE pike if I ever get one say 27+ not for a meal but for a mount i found the 6-8lb the best for eating. But if I do get that big one in a lake where i can keep it i will just once all others are freed to fight another day. 
If you just take some good pictures that is all you will need for a mount I am not positive but I believe most taxidermist now do not even use the real skin from the fish any more. I'm just saying you can catch an release those trophy's and still do the mount that will look identical. Hope you catch your trophy all the best.

On a different note has anyone fished Cold Lake for pike? I have only fished it for Lake trout and I have caught some absolute slab Lake trout there best fishing of my life our record is 87 in 2 and a half days. Never been to the ocean people who have tell me it is very similar. That is one lake I wish had a slot limit that lake has incredible trophy potential. I have herd there are huge walley in there just very hard to locate. Im not sure but Might be some big Pike in there with how big and deep the lake is.